Monday, August 16, 2010

REVIEW: Philosophy The Oxygen Peel


What does it do?
It immediately brightens, detoxifies, unclogs pores and it sanitizes the skin, which is great for those of us that are oily and acne prone.  It also evens out skin tone (even after just ONE application).

How do you use it?
They say to use a whole capsule and pour it into the plastic container (provided), which is to be filled half way with water BUT (INSIDER SECRET!!) You can double your treatments by splitting the capsules and using half the capsule and water (which is more than enough to cover the average face). So back to instructions... 1/4 of the container filled with water and half the capsule, shake it up and wait 1 min for the gel to form. Then apply the "slime" to your face (DO NOT rub it until it absorbs into the skin). You need to have a thick layer on top of the skin, then add the oxygen foam in the step 2 container. Massage into the skin for about 10 seconds in each zone (you will see it foaming up on the skin) . Wait three minutes and then use the spatula to remove the foam from the top of the skin (also known as dermaplaning), wash off the residue with a clean wash cloth and you're done =).
It is recommended that if your skin is sensitized to skip the spatula and just rinse the foam off so the exfoliation of the dermaplaning doesn't irritate the skin. 

How Often to use it:
Recommended use is once a week. For more congested skin or those seeking for clarity or brightness do the "three day boot camp" at first or whenever that extra "umph" is needed. 

My Opinion and personal results:
I must say I was super excited to try this product out for the claim it unclogs and clarifies skin. I must say I saw an improvement but not what I hoping for BUT I ended up with a result much better. The brightening of this product practically ELIMINATED the hyper pigmentation I had from the acne I had in High School. This alone made me so happy!! It also made my skin so supple and soft I don't even know the last time it felt that way. I also had a stubborn blemish at the time and it was gone after the three day "boot camp" of the oxygen peel. The fact that I can either use one capsule (you receive ten in the kit)  or half a capsule so get the most bang for my buck is also a HUGE plus. Even if you use one capsule a treatment it make it $5 a treatment  or for half a capsule which then makes it $2.50 a treatment!!! You CANT beat that =)

Where you can find it:
At your nearest Ulta or Sephora. Also on Philosophy.com






No comments:

Post a Comment