Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to fill in your brows and create a more defined shape

Brows are, in my opinion, the most unrated feature on the face and most often the most unattended also. The brows frame the face and can change your entire look.

The picture above shows step by step how I shape and fill in my brows. This is a step in my daily routine I WILL NOT leave the house without doing.

#1-4: Show the points that frame your eyebrow shape and how I mark them (after a time or two you eventually don't have to make those marks anymore).
#5: Play connect the dots/lines (haha) on the top and bottom of the brow. Then fill in between.
#6: Take a Q-Tip and erase where your initial "marks" go beyond the shape of your brows.
#8: Run through your brows with a spooly to blend the product.
#9: Just shows the dramatic difference between the shaped and filled brow and the unattended brow.

Another quick tip: For a more rounded face, a more angular arch is flattering. For a more angular face (those of you blessed with those gorgeous jaw lines) a more rounded arch is flattering.

My favorite types of product to use to fill in are the wax/shadow duos. Benefit makes an excellent one called Brow Zings and those babies last for an upwards of a year or two and cost $30. NYX also makes one for a whopping $5 that I love as much as the Brow Zings but they definitely don't last nearly as long (the wax runs out faster than anything) but its a great starter product!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment