Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lip Color that will last and last!!!

I don't know about you but I need my lip color to last through out the day. I don't usually have time to be touching up my lip color every twenty minutes (haha). So I will share with you my steps to long lasting lip color.
First:
#2: I rub concealer onto my lips and slightly around the edges too (this helps to highlight around the mouth and creates the illusion on fuller lips).
#3&4: Line your lips with whichever lip liner closest to your lip stick color of choice and shade in the outer corners.
#5: Blend in liner with your fingers or lip brush, moving towards the center of the lip.
#6: What it should look like after step 5.
#7-9: Apply your lip color in the center of the lips and blend out with brush or fingers. Rub lips together to further blend.
#10-12: Apply a satin or shimmer eyeshadow to the center of the lips (try to pick a color that is a shade or so lighter than your choice of lip color). This also adds extra dimension to the lips and mattifies just enough to really give you the staying power you want out of your lip colors with out sacrificing the sheen of a lip gloss that makes the lips look fuller. Then blend with fingers and rub lips together again to get a flawless blend (just like you would with and eyeshadow to get that nice gradient effect).


 On a really busy day at work my lip color will last me around 4-5 hours before it even starts to FADE (and that's while I'm constantly talking and applying makeup on others haha). On a slow day I'll get well over an eight hour shift out of my lip color.








No comments:

Post a Comment